University of California, Riverside

BCOE Student Affairs

Types of Leave

Types of Leave

Educational Leave Program (PELP)

For undergraduate students who want to interrupt their regular education for one year or less while clarifying educational goals, gaining practical experience away from campus, or enhancing the prospect of successful completion of an academic program. Students must have completed at least one quarter of course work at UCR and be in good academic standing to qualify. Students holding F-1 visas cannot participate in this program. Information on PELP is available from the Office of Student Academic Affairs, the Counseling Center, and the Office of the Registrar.

Planned University Leave Program (PULP)

Designed for undergraduate students who plan to interrupt their education at the UC to study at another academic institution. Students interested in pursuing their education abroad (but not in the UC Education Abroad Program) should consult the International Services Center where forms are available. A student planning to attend a postsecondary institution in the United States should consult the Office of Student Academic Affairs.

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

College Information

Bourns College of Engineering
A159 Bourns Hall A

Tel: (951) 827-3647
Fax: (951) 827-2822