University of California, Riverside

BCOE Student Affairs



2018 Spring Quarter registration will begin on Monday, February 12.

The Schedule of Classesfor the 2018 Spring Quarter will be available online at as of February 1.

Your Enrollment Appointment for registration is available to view in R’Web on February 6. Your Enrollment Appointment listed in R’Web is NOT a meeting with me. It is the earliest time you can register for classes.

Before registering for 2018 Spring Quarter, you should check and clear all holds. Holds are listed under the “HOLDS” section in Student Profile. Please follow-up with the appropriate office(s) to clear holds.

For the 2018 Spring Quarter, all BCOE students will be limited to a maximum of 17 units during the first open enrollment period. Students who are on Academic Probation are still limited to a maximum of 13 units (3 courses). The unit maximum will be restored to 18 units for College of Engineering students on March 12. Makeup enrollment and add/drop will begin on March 12, as well.


If you are a member of the Engineering First Year Learning Community, you will receive a separate email explaining the registration process.


Please seek assistance in understanding major change requirements and/or making course selections from the Academic Advisor of the Department or Major you intend to pursue. Undeclared students and all students working toward major change are still subject to BCOE policies.


Please seek assistance for all registration and course planning questions to the advisor of the major you are working to get back into.   Seek Tara Brown for academic and life challenge inquiries via email.


You may need enrollment assistance, so plan to meet or send an e-mail prior to your enrollment date requesting this assistance.

If you know you meet the prerequisite(s) for the course you need to enroll, you can submit the appropriate enrollment assistance form depending on which college houses the course – see ‘Registration Tips’ section below for links.


    1. Enroll in courses using R’Web during your assigned Ticket Time.
    2. Use the online Schedule of Classes ( to find open courses and the course record number(s) (CRN).
    3. Check the approved Breadth worksheet ( and the degree audit on R’Web to determine what courses to enroll in next quarter.
    4. Confirm that you have satisfied all prerequisites for the courses in which you plan to enroll. Prerequisites are listed in the UCR General Catalog (
    5. After you have enrolled, check your schedule in R’Web and your R’Web email regularly for any changes to the courses you have registered for.
    6. If you need assistance enrolling in a course use the appropriate resources:

    CNAS courses (i.e., Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics) please use the online form here:

    BCOE courses (i.e., Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering) please use the online form here:

    CHASS courses (i.e. History, Political Science, etc.) please find the Advisor associated with that major course here: and contact them directly.

    7. ENGL 001C alternatives offered in the 2018 Spring Quarter will be listed online at this link:

8. To Waitlist a course, you will only be allowed to waitlist for the discussion/lab section. A seat in the lecture is assumed if there is a seat on the discussion/lab. If a seat becomes available, you will be sent an email to add both sections. You will only have 24 hours to add the available seat, so keep watching your email. If you miss the 24 hour window to add the course, that seat is offered to the next student in line and you will be dropped from the waitlist. Check this link for more info:

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

College Information

Bourns College of Engineering
A159 Bourns Hall A

Tel: (951) 827-3647
Fax: (951) 827-2822