University of California, Riverside

BCOE Student Affairs

Online Petition

The Online Petition is used to request exceptions to standing policies, requirements or rules of the Bourns College of Engineering or the University of California, Riverside.  The online petition is typically used after consultation with your academic advisor unless you are confident about your request for an exception.  Petitions that lack full details might be denied on that basis, therefore including full details will allow for thorough consideration of your petition.   The Online Petition will not be processed unless it is filled out completely.

Please allow 3-4 business days to process your online petition. If you have not received an update on your petition please follow up with your academic advisor.  Reminder:  if you are requesting an enrollment adjustment such as changing grading basis, adding, dropping or withdrawing from a course during the allowed deadlines you would use the form available at

To submit the Online Petition please click the link below.

Online Petition Form

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

College Information

Bourns College of Engineering
A159 Bourns Hall A

Tel: (951) 827-3647
Fax: (951) 827-2822