University of California, Riverside

BCOE Student Affairs

Bourns Scholarship Opportunities

scholarship opportunities

There are many different types of scholarships available to students in the Bourns College of Engineering. This page lists scholarships by the following categories.

For questions about these or any other scholarships, please contact the Student Affairs Office.

College of Engineering Scholarships

  • Scholarships are for current UCR students. 
  • Application Filing Period: March 1 – 31.
  • Award decision and notifications by end of April.
  • Submit one application to be considered for all eligible scholarships.

Those students who are eligible will be invited to apply during the filing period.

  • Allen Van Tran Student Award in Engineering Fund
    Who may apply: Undergraudate or graduate students pursuing an engineering degree at the Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering.
  • American Honda Science/Engineering Endowed Fund
    Who may apply: Recipients must be female or minority Science or Engineering students in the Honors Program who are working on their senior thesis projects.
    In May 1990, American Honda created the American Honda Science/Engineering Endowment with a gift of $50,000. The endowment provides financial assistance for women and minority students in UCR's Honors Program who are planning ambitious senior thesis projects.
  • BCOE-Alumni Scholarship Fund
    Who may apply: Open to undergraduate students in good standing with financial need.
    This scholarship recognizes high-achieving students who demonstrate financial need and excel, academically and in their career preparation.
  • BCOE Faculty and Staff Scholarship Fund
    Who may apply: To be used for undergraduate and graduate student scholarships in the Bourns College of Engineering.
  • Bourns Foundation Engineering Scholarship Fund
    The Bourns Foundation Engineering Scholarship Endowment Fund
    Who may apply: Open to undergraduate students in good standing with financial need.
    The Bourns Foundation Engineering Scholarships provide financial assistance to students Bourns College of Engineering to defray costs associated with student registration and fees.
  • College of Engineering Scholarship Fund
    Who may apply: These scholarships tend to recognize high achieving students who demonstrate excellence academically and in their career preparation.
  • Frederick E. Gartzke Memorial Endowed Scholarship
    Who may apply: Open to entering freshmen students, with 3.0 – 3.25 GPA.
    Gartzke Memorial Scholarships are awarded to entering freshman with high academic quality and potential, who have financial need.
  • Gref Family Endowed Fund for the Advancement of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
    Who may apply: This Fund shall be used to support the advancement of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at UC Riverside.
  • John D. Babbage Scholarship Fund
    Who may apply:: Open to transfer students from community colleges as well as traditional four-year.
    The John D. Babbage Scholarship Fund enables outstanding students in the sciences to attend UCR's Bourns College of Engineering. Recipients are designated Babbage Scholars.
  • Won and Insook Yoo Endowed Scholarship Fund
    Who may apply: Recipient determined on the basis of outstanding academic and service record in high school. Financial need is also a criterion. Selection is made by Financial Aid Office.


Scholarships from Departments at the Bourns College


UCR Scholarships Specifically for Engineering Students

  • Mark and Pamela Rubin Endowed Scholarship Fund
    Who may apply: The scholarship is awarded to graduating high school students, who at the time resided in the Mission Grove area.
    This scholarship supports UC Riverside students living in the Mission Grove area of the City of Riverside.


Other Scholarship and Financial Aid Resources

  • UCR Alumni Association Scholarships
    This site lists the scholarships offered by the UCR Alumni Association. They are not limited to BCOE students.
  • UCR Financial Aid Office
    The UCR Financial Aid Office is dedicated to helping all students find a way to make affording college possible. This page lists some of the financial aid opportunities and scholarships available.
  • UCR Foundation Scholarships
    This searchable database has a list of all scholarships offered by the UCR Foundation.

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

College Information

Bourns College of Engineering
A159 Bourns Hall A

Tel: (951) 827-3647
Fax: (951) 827-2822