BCOE Student Affairs
BCOE Advising at your service…remotely.
Visit this page for the latest developments as we manage our new normal.
Due to these extraordinary circumstances, expect long wait times. We appreciate your patience. Please trust we are doing our very best to address your concerns.
Current BCOE undergraduate students please contact us via any of the processes listed below.
All others, chat with us through Zen desk or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See instructions below.
- Advisor Availability: https://student.engr.ucr.edu/academic-advisor-availability
- Drop-in instructions using Zoom:
- Go to the Zoom link provided by your advisor in their Weekly email
- BCOE E-Mail advising instructions: https://student.engr.ucr.edu/emailing-your-academic-advisor
Additional Instructions and Resources
Concurrent Enrollment Instructions: https://extension.ucr.edu/resources/resource/Concurrent_Enrollment
Change of major instructions: https://student.engr.ucr.edu/policies/major-changes
UCR Keep Learning FAQ’s: https://keeplearning.ucr.edu/frequently-asked-questions
Remote Learning tips: https://keeplearning.ucr.edu/quick-guide-remote-learning
Accommodations and Accessibility: https://keeplearning.ucr.edu/accommodations-accessibility
The vision of the Office of Student Academic Affairs is to support the academic departments in producing knowledgeable and well-rounded students by engaging students before and after they enter UCR, and helping them to attain their full academic potential.
Our mission is to support engineering students in achieving their educational goals by providing guidance and services which enhance their academic development.
We strive to fulfill this mission by:
- Committing to excellence, the academic counseling profession, and continued development.
- Working intentionally to build respect, trust, and cooperation with students in support of their academic success.
- Considering individual student needs while encouraging student development.
- Encouraging academic planning, self-awareness, accountability, and resourcefulness.
- Helping students respond proactively and productively to issues impacting academic success.
- Upholding academic policies of the university, BCOE, and its departments.
- Assisting students in acclimating to and navigating the academic environment, policies, and expectations.